We recommend re-importing products to your Shopify if you are trying to do the following below.
- You are re-editing your entire online store and would like to restart with the products.
- Needing to fix a bulk amount of product prices or descriptions.
- There was an error with the first product import attempt.
PLEASE NOTE, we have made new updates on the Dropship Beauty app. These new updates will make it easier for customers to re-import our products to your Shopify store.
To re-import a product correctly, please follow the steps below.
- Login to your Dropship Beauty account.
- Go to “import list“.
- Then, choose “imported products” to view ALL items that are currently imported to your store.
- Choose the product that you intend to re-import by clicking “edit listing“. This will take you to the product page, where you can edit the product pricing, photos, and descriptions, before they are re-imported to your online store.
- From here, you can also edit the product title and description. You can also select the preferred collection that you would like to add them into (please note that collections will need to be created manually on your Shopify store prior. Click here to learn how to do so).
- The price multiplier setting can be changed here as well. You can also manually edit the new retail price of your choice for each length or options of the products. Once you are finished customizing all product information, click either “save changes” save your new edits, or “re-import to Shopify” to immediately update the new info on your Shopify store.
- You’ll then receive a pop up message after the re-import process is complete. Give it about a few minutes for the new product information to update on your Shopify store. Once done, you can further review the new product information from the “product” section of your Shopify store. Simple! Isn’t it?