Since we are an Atlanta based company, we are required by state to charge sales tax for orders being shipped to Georgia. Therefore, if you have a Georgia Sales Tax ID registered, or would like to implement taxes for Georgia based orders instead, you can follow the instructions below to learn how to collect taxes in Georgia for your Shopify store. This is not a requirement on our end, but an option that you can pursue for business purposes.
Setting up the collection of sales tax in Georgia is easy.
- Log into your Shopify Store, and go to Settings –> Taxes.
- In the Tax regions section, beside United States, click Set up.
- Select a state in which you are registered. In this case, make sure to select “Georgia“.
- In Sales tax ID, enter your sales tax ID. If you have applied for a sales tax ID but don’t yet have one, then leave this field blank. You can update it when you receive your sales tax ID.
- Click Start collecting sales tax. Your sales tax should then be registered.
If you would like to become tax exempt in Georgia please follow this article.